Living Earth is one of the country’s largest producers of sustainable landscaping products, including mulch, compost and soils. Our products are manufactured from recycled green waste materials – notably tree limbs, brush, leaves and grass clippings – and sold through a unique, closed-loop business model; with 34 locations across 4 major markets (Dallas, Houston, Nashville, Knoxville).
Living Earth has built a strong, sustainable competitive advantage in the markets it serves through a network of convenient locations, unmatched delivery capabilities and quality specialty products. Our customers also benefit from lower total disposal costs and the satisfaction they are doing their part to improve the environment. We are a growing operation founded in 1985 and our team is currently expanding operations in the Tennessee
Living Earth currently has an exciting opportunity for an Operations Manager – Knoxville, TN. This position will provide direct leadership and oversight of 3 Knoxville area locations, Site Managers, site CSRs and Operations personnel with an oversight of Maintenance personnel. This position will report directly to the General Manager of Tennessee. We are
seeking career-minded individuals looking for a long-term opportunity to strive in our green, recyclable industry.
Specifically, the Manager will be tasked with, but not limited to:
- Leading the 3 Knoxville, Tennessee sites and operations in day-to-day production activities, managing site personnel and equipment.
- Daily/weekly scheduling and planning of personnel and equipment.
- Continuously improve Living Earth’s sites, processes, personnel as well as customer service.
- Maintaining and improving required reports and metrics.
- Recruiting, motivating, managing and mentoring site associates.
- Sharing best practices and collaborate effectively with other sites.
- Collaborating with Sales Representatives to nurture and expand the business in the Knoxville market.
The ideal candidate will be a dynamic and hands-on leader. Additionally, this individual must be ethical, energetic, and have a passion for making an impact.
The following experiences and/or qualifications are required:
- A strong commitment to all health and safety guidelines.
- Experience maintaining and complying with Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS)
regulations and enforcing safety standards.
- Minimum 5+ years of leadership experience in a related role or industry.
- Experience with maintenance programs / maintenance management.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and communicate effectively, build and manage
teams, lead effectively by example.
- Understanding bulk materials management and oversight of logistics/ delivery/
dispatch of similar scale.
The following items are preferred, but not required:
- Experience working in a mobile machinery/asset intensive industry such dry aggregates, dry bulk materials or national/regional landscape companies.
- Salary is commensurate depending on education and experience.
- Living Earth offers a competitive array of benefits including vacation and holiday time, medical, dental, 401K and a bonus plan.
- Living Earth is an Equal Opportunity Employer.