Established Dallas landscape materials company seeks an experienced manufacturing Controller to manage our accounting functions for eleven locations. We are looking for a hands-on, detail-oriented and flexible professional to and lead a small accounting staff and partner with our Dallas Area General Manager to lead the direction of operations.
This position requires an individual who is a strong self-starter, possesses great written and oral communication skills and is able to quickly perform multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment while maintaining accuracy and a superior can-do attitude. This is a great opportunity for the right individual to join a dynamic and growing industry leader.
- Manage and monitor inventory transactions through the month.
- Compile, approve and submit Payroll for processing.
- Prepare production entries and lead in monthly physical inventories of bulk and finished product.
- Maintain and monitor process costs, product margins and provide financial perspective for operational decisions.
- Prepare journal entries and accruals for period closing.
- Analyze financial statements, report on key operational measures and investigate variances to budget and prior year.
- Participate in upper-management financial review meetings, and lead in annual budget preparations.
- Work with Site Managers on management of accounts receivable.
- Ensure vehicle maintenances records are current in the maintenance system
- Assist with truck dispatch activities and sales operations from time to time as needed.
- Ad-hoc analysis as needed.
Competencies and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in accounting.
- 7 to 10 years progressive accounting experience in the construction, manufacturing or bulk materials distribution/supply industries.
- At least 3 years supervisory or management experience.
- Strong experience in inventory management, cost accounting, process-costing, and cost-volume-profit analysis.
- Experience with SAGE 100 a plus, strong MS Office/Excel experience required.
Please send all resume’s and requests to email@example.com