Topdress for Athletic Fields Blend is a specific blend of sand and compost. Sand is the major component with the compost adding the organic element required for the development of adequate soil biology. The sand is “subangular” or sharp. Composted rice hulls are used because of their fine texture. The ratio of sand and compost may vary, but 80/20 sand to compost is recommended.
Topdress For Athletic Fields Product Specifications:
Topdress For Athletic Fields Uses:
- Increases rootzone depth for better turf growth.
- Relieves compaction or hardening of soil surface.
- Regular top dressing increases porosity and infiltration rates.
- Topdressed fields use less water more efficiently.
- Properly maintained fields have more turf and a softer surface.
Topdress For Athletic Fields Standard Applications:
To add organic material, increase rootzone depth and improve irrigation efficiency, apply Topdress for Athletic Fields at the rate of ¼ inch to ½ inch at least twice a year.
*FY04 CWA Section 319, Project #04-3
Living Earth Contacts:
Dallas / Fort Worth Area1901 California Crossing
Dallas, TX 75220
Main Number: 972-869-4332
Paul Tomaso: 214-533-6296
Scott Bort: 469-831-6107
Click here for all DFW locations
Houston Area5625 Crawford Road
Houston, TX 77041
Main Number: 713-466-7360
Anna Ochoa: 281-300-8508
Richard Stamper: 713-582-4816
Click here for all Houston locations