1 1/2" Gravel is sized from an inch and a half down to a few 1/2” pieces. Most of this gravel comes in various shades of brown. Some 1 1/2” gravel is multi-colored white to dark grey. Although it has lots of rounded surfaces, it also has fractured surfaces.
1 1/2" Gravel Product Specifications:
1 1/2" Gravel Uses:
- Construction of pathways and driveways where a natural look is desired.
- In accent areas around statues and other hardscape features.
- For applications where more complicated surfaces like sidewalks and pavers are not preferred.
- Around downspouts to absorb runoff and prevent erosion.
1 1/2" Gravel Standard Applications:
- Plan on a 4 inch depth.
- Excavate the area to the depth of 4 inches.
- Prepare the area by edging it with steel or bendable edging. Some use chop block as edging. Any edging must be solidly staked down.
- Line the bottom of the area with weed fabric, using enough to turn up the edges along the edging.
- Install 1 ½ “ gravel evenly in the area.
Living Earth Contacts:
Dallas / Fort Worth Area1901 California Crossing
Dallas, TX 75220
Main Number: 972-869-4332
Paul Tomaso: 214-533-6296
Scott Bort: 469-831-6107
Click here for all DFW locations
Houston Area5625 Crawford Road
Houston, TX 77041
Main Number: 713-466-7360
Anna Ochoa: 281-300-8508
Richard Stamper: 713-582-4816
Click here for all Houston locations