Decomposed Granite Gravel is mined from an igneous intrusion in the Texas Hill Country near Austin. It is a dull gold in color and consists of pieces from one inch in diameter to clay-sized particles. Decomposed Granite Gravel allows drainage, yet compacts and stays in place because the finer particles take a set.
Decomposed Granite Gravel Product Specifications:
Decomposed Granite Gravel Uses:
- Construction of pathways and driveways where a natural look is desired.
- In Parks and recreation areas where a durable surface is required for walking, running and bike riding.
- For applications where more complicated surfaces like sidewalks and pavers are not preferred.
Decomposed Granite Gravel Standard Applications:
- Plan on a 4 inch depth.
- Excavate the area to the depth of 4 inches.
- Prepare the area by edging it with steel or bendable edging. Some use chop block as edging. Any edging must be solidly staked down.
- Line the bottom of the area with weed fabric, using enough to turn up the edges along the edging.
- Install the Decomposed Granite Gravel evenly in the area and tamp down as much as possible.
- Carefully spray the area with water and let dry prior to use.
Living Earth Contacts:
Dallas / Fort Worth Area1901 California Crossing
Dallas, TX 75220
Main Number: 972-869-4332
Paul Tomaso: 214-533-6296
Scott Bort: 469-831-6107
Click here for all DFW locations
Houston Area5625 Crawford Road
Houston, TX 77041
Main Number: 713-466-7360
Anna Ochoa: 281-300-8508
Richard Stamper: 713-582-4816
Click here for all Houston locations