Top Soil with Compost is made of sandy loam with organic compost. The sandy loam will be mostly sand with some silt and clay in it. Compost may be made with grass clippings, leaves, branches, manure, straw and/or stable bedding depending on the availability of these feed stocks. Enriched Top Soil is fine in texture. In the Dallas Fort Worth market we call this Mixed Soil with Compost. In Houston we call this Enriched Top Soil.
Top Soil with Compost Product Specifications:
Top Soil with Compost Uses:
- Beneath sod for faster root development
- Along sidewalks and driveways to fill in empty areas
- • On turf areas for leveling to fill in low spots
Top Soil with Compost Standard Application:
- Beneath sod at a one inch depth. This will allow roots to establish quicker by providing adequate contact between the roots and the Enriched Top Soil.
- Along driveways and sidewalks to the level of the adjacent soil surface.
- For turf applications, spread Enriched Top Soil to a uniform one half inch depth and rake into turf. Turf grass must not be buried by the Enriched Top Soil.
Living Earth Contacts:
Dallas / Fort Worth Area1901 California Crossing
Dallas, TX 75220
Main Number: 972-869-4332
Paul Tomaso: 214-533-6296
Scott Bort: 469-831-6107
Click here for all DFW locations
Houston Area5625 Crawford Road
Houston, TX 77041
Main Number: 713-466-7360
Anna Ochoa: 281-300-8508
Richard Stamper: 713-582-4816
Click here for all Houston locations