Planting Mix composed of compost with the addition of sandy loam. Compost is a totally organic, aerobically composted humus containing grass clippings, leaves, manure, straw, stable bedding and other valuable organic components. Planting Mix has an organic, medium texture. In the Houston market we call this Mixed Soil with Compost. In the DFW market we call it Professional Bedding Soil.
Planting Mix Product Specifications:
Planting Mix Uses:
- Backfill for constructing raised planting beds.
- Soil Amendment in existing beds with deleted or compacted soils.
Planting Mix Standard Applications:
- As a backfill for building planting beds. Install at least 6 inches deep to the surrounding soil line and at least 3 inches above to create the raised bed profile.
- As a soil amendment, incorporate 3 inches of Living Earth Compost into native soil to produce a 50/50 soil to compost blend prior to planting.
- Tree Planting: Backfill tree pit with native soil from original hole up to six inches from the top. For the top 6 inch layer apply 50/50 blend of native soil and Living Earth Planting Mix.
Living Earth Contacts:
Dallas / Fort Worth Area1901 California Crossing
Dallas, TX 75220
Main Number: 972-869-4332
Paul Tomaso: 214-533-6296
Scott Bort: 469-831-6107
Click here for all DFW locations
Houston Area5625 Crawford Road
Houston, TX 77041
Main Number: 713-466-7360
Anna Ochoa: 281-300-8508
Richard Stamper: 713-582-4816
Click here for all Houston locations