Living Earth Premium Compost is a totally organic, aerobically composted humus containing grass clippings, leaves, manure, straw, stable bedding and other valuable organic components. Materials are fully composted under proper C/N ratios with sustained temperatures to 160 degrees F, leaving Living Earth Compost free of weeds, weed seed and insect pests. It has excellent air porosity, water-holding capacity, drainage and optimum cation exchange capacity.
Living Earth Compost is monitored and tested for maturity under the U.S. Composting Council’s Seal of Testing Assurance (STA) program. The pH averages from 6 to 8. Salt content is low to moderate. Compost contains diverse microbial activity which improves soil biology and enhances plant development. Beneficial bacteria, fungi, and other micro and macro organisms found in compost are necessary for successful nutrient cycling and plant development.
Premium Compost Product Specifications:
Premium Compost Uses:
- As a soil amendment in planting beds and tree plantings, mix Living Earth Compost at least 50/50 with existing soil.
- For turf applications, spread Living Earth Compost to a uniform one half inch depth and rake into turf. Turf grass must not be buried by the Compost.
- Living Earth Compost is often used straight to plant vegetable, fruit trees and other plants. Proper drainage is essential for any planting.
Premium Compost Standard Application:
- Turf: Apply 1 inch of Living Earth Compost blended with 3 inches of existing soil prior to planting grass seed, sod or hydro-mulching.
- Bed Preparation: Incorporate 3 inches of Living Earth Compost into existing to produce a 50/50 soil to compost blend prior to planting.
- Tree Planting: Backfill tree pit with native soil from original hole up to six inches from the top. For top 6 inch layer apply 50/50 blend of native soil and Living Earth Compost.
Living Earth Contacts:
Dallas / Fort Worth Area1901 California Crossing
Dallas, TX 75220
Main Number: 972-869-4332
Paul Tomaso: 214-533-6296
Scott Bort: 469-831-6107
Click here for all DFW locations
Houston Area5625 Crawford Road
Houston, TX 77041
Main Number: 713-466-7360
Anna Ochoa: 281-300-8508
Richard Stamper: 713-582-4816
Click here for all Houston locations